New 1911-380

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by FunnelCake, Jul 10, 2016.

1. FunnelCake

FunnelCake Copper BB

Picked up last week (the 4.25" version). I haven't gotten a chance to take it out yet - waiting on dies and bullets. I've never kept a .380 long enough to get reloading stuff. The 1911 features, size, and locked breech operation sold me on the little Browning....should stick around longer.

No complaints thus far...trigger pull is right at 4.5lbs. on my RCBS scale - a little creep but bet it smooths out some after a few hundred rounds.

I'm waffling on a Cross-Breed IWB holster or one from a local maker -leaning towards the latter.

The sights are fine with me...very used to shooting 1911's with GI sights.

The one thing I would/ will change is the mainspring housing. I definitely prefer the arched type - all my 1911's have 'em except a genuine GI that's staying original.

I doubt they are, but anybody know if the 1911-22 MSH is the same? I guess the other tough part would be actually being able to order one! Let's hope they become available.

Funnel
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Congrats on the new 1911-380...have any pictures !?
  3. FunnelCake

FunnelCake Copper BB

Not yet! Decided on the holster and he needed the pistol to mold the Kydex portion. I'll post a couple up when it's back!
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sounds like a plan...!!