Where do I ask basic questions about a Browning 30-06?

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Paul_H, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Paul_H

Paul_H Copper BB

I just sort of inherited a Browning 30-06. I am told it was the last model made in Belgium. I have looked on it and I'm not sure where I would find the specific model, year it was made, etc.

It's my dad's. He can't see well enough to hunt anymore so he wants me to sell it for him.

Which area on this board would I go to ask how to get info on this rifle, and how to sell it?
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey Paul,

Welcome to the Browning Owners Community!! do you know what model it is? there should be a serial number on the gun (the barrel and the frame of the gun should have it somewhere), if you can post that up it would be a good way to try and figure out what exact model and year 30-06 that you have. the forum is broken up into the different models browning offers, so once we can figure that out, i can move this to the right section.

BTK
  3. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

What type of action is it?
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Paul !!

Once you nail down the model number and other info, and maybe post a picture, I can help you

determine it's value.
  5. Paul_H

Paul_H Copper BB

6. Paul_H

Paul_H Copper BB

7. Billythekid

i would agree with Paul, sounds like you have a 68 BAR hi-power. dont think it was the last year they made it in belguim (think around 85 they switched to portugal) but still a nice gun if in good condition.

BTK
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sounds nice...congrats !
  9. Paul_H

Paul_H Copper BB

Thanks, everybody! Gander Mountain said the book value is $480, which includes 20% off regular book value because it has a chip in the stock. They told me I should ask $450 for it. Sound reasonable?

I just had it cleaned at GM and I'm throwing in the scope, strap and hardshell case which are all old but work.
  10. Billythekid

400-450 sounds reasonable for the setup. How much does GM charge for a cleaning? let us know how it turns out.