What is your dream auto-5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Biz, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Yes Biz that is the one. Couple years back when not as knowledgeable I think I came across something similar or the same but it was very beat up to point of not viable.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Without looking at the Bible I can’t answer that Marc. 1937 was the first year of the Sweet Sixteen. If I remember right it was around 1948 or 1949 when they started being engraved with Sweet Sixteen
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The specially lightened 16 gauge was named the Sweet Sixteen when it debuted in 1936, but it didn’t have the name engraved on the receiver until 1948. They were given distinctive gold plated triggers and safeties instead. They lost their gold safeties in 1951 when the cross bolt style came out.

EDIT: Just saw the other answer. They were test marketed in 1936 and became a regular item in ‘37. The name engraving began in late 1948. One of my “stealths” was made that year.

http://www.browningowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/sweet-sixteens.4632/
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    win7stw likes this.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I was waiting for you Rudolph. Well done
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

When you’re married, everything costs double. I’m sure my wife would just shake her head. But it’d cost me later. That said, even without looking, I know they’re more than I’m willing to pay. Even once.

Oh, and if you go to France to interpret for Justin, make sure you bring your wife to interpret for you.
  6. Biz

Biz 20g

Why? Because of my accent or Justin accent?
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’ve been told us northerners have an accent. Some say my last name is French, so that should be good for something
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Because you told me your wife helps you translate on this message board, Marc.

N’cest pas?
  9. Biz

Biz 20g

Oui, tout à fait! She helps me with the grammar.
    Rudolph31 likes this.