Vanishing Eurotrash

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Auzzie, May 14, 2021.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Was at range today and got handed few of these and a flyer. Obviously the people in Spain had some spare time during covid and somebody here has decided to try unleash these on the down under market and see if they find an angle .
    Puts a whole new slant on reloading if there is in fact nothing to actually reload!!! Mind you the price is unattractive at $120 a slab for the You Beaut disappearing hull. Be curious if they in fact disappear and break down while in storage.
    Will be interesting to see if they actually catch on or gain any favor. With ammo shortage here premium high antimony stuff is $130 so they might actually have timed it right to get a foot in the door.

Attached Files:

2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Auzzie: looks like you have my next project. Those are cool. Sure wish you could send me a box. I bet they will be just fine. Sure would like to see whats inside. Looks like cheddite or rio hull. Just done some research, they have been working for 10 years, also has the tuv certification, and my American keyboard will not put the umlaut on that. If it's got that it good shit.
  3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

OK from what your saying is its been round and while and has some credibility. Good to know. I will report back on what I see once a few start using it regularly . At first glance it all looks good and it certainly went bang and broke targets. The powder peering into the shell doesn't look like Vectan so be interesting to see what and how stable it is when we get back towards summer months.
    Lot of the eurotrash shells struggle with working consistently year round here.
    Couple of cashed up local guys here tried to break the mould and actually went to Spain with an idea of what would work well here.With a manufacturer there, developed their own design brand loads and started importing/ distributing by the container. They had to spend a lot of time blending and trialing powders in test guns etc before they got it right. Was a real success and gained overnight popularity. It was an excellent target shell.
    The big B...... being the No 1 player here got word and saw potential to damage their market share dominance and brands monopoly so squashed them like a bug.