Unengraved A5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Stephen G Hodges, Apr 26, 2024.

1. I am looking at a 1966 A5 20 gauge that has no engraving on the receiver, except for "twenty" engraved on the top of the receiver. Their is no engraving identifying it as a a Browning gun. Is this a gun that was made for the European market? Thanks, Steve
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Pictures please........
    KyBoB likes this.
  3. For some reason this site will not allow me to post pictures???? Can you help with this?
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Imgur is your friend for posting pictures
    Ranger6 likes this.
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

There several post for posting pictures. If you would like you can send to me, and I will post them. My contact info is also posted, but you can send me a PM if you want that info.
  6. I get a red warning when I click on upload a file that says I do not have permission to perform this action. How can I get permission?
  7. Ranger6

Yes, this is a known issue that cannot be fixed without site update. See the many posts on this subject. You will have to use a photo sharing site. If you cannot figure it out, I can walk you through the process. It seems a little confusing at first, but once you have done it a time or two it gets really simple.
  8. Ranger6

These are posted for member Mr. Hodges.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KyBoB and Rudolph31 like this.
  9. What are your thoughts on this gun?
  10. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

I can see a few of the screws are a bit proud, I might think someone has simply buffed the receiver down past the engraving.
  11. Ranger6

Sure glad someone said it. That was my exact thought when I first seen it.
  12. I never gave that a thought, but suspect that is exactly what happened. I would like to know why??? Perhaps badly rusted? I asked the seller if he knew the story behind this gun and he said he inherited it and knows nothing about it.
  13. Ranger6

I would guess someone wanted it re-blued and done the prep work, realized they made the engraving faded out, and instead of re doing the engraving, just sanded it off and blued it.
    Stephen G Hodges likes this.
  14. I wonder how much this affects price? He is asking $2k
  15. Ranger6

For me a lot. I wouldn't give him 300 for it. Every person is different. If you ever want to resell it will be next to impossible to anyone that knows about the auto 5. I would run away very fast.
  16. I am ‍♂️
    Ranger6 likes this.
  17. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

That's no world market gun not from my side of the hemisphere. 2 K too much
    Stephen G Hodges likes this.