The 6 types of Armes de luxe

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Biz, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I want it too...

I’ll guess Type III, but you’re showing us the wrong side. I don’t know why you think it’s post Great War, without seeing the serial number I can only say 1909-23. Are there any clues beside the trigger?
  2. Biz

Biz 20g

I don’t have the S.N. or other good pics. I thought the latch on the safety was a post war innovation. I was wrong, your time estimate from 1909 to 1923 is good. Another dream gun that will be hard if not impossible to get. The European bureaucracy is so complicated that it might be easier to go to the moon.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

You need to do whatever it takes to get that beauty
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

So, 2 1/2 years later, we still don’t know if he bought it.
    win7stw likes this.
  5. Biz

Biz 20g

No I didn’t buy that one. As I mentioned in past post, I have to rethink my import strategy. I purchased a nice type 3 that got "lost" into transportation process and no one knows where it is. Any way, I will find a way to import from Europe where you find the nicest auto-5
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  6. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Someone needs to buy one of those brownings made for pigeons, those guns are gorgeous even in a 12.
    I would take out a loan to buy one of those in 16ga.
  7. Biz

Biz 20g

I believe there were only and 12 gauge.
  8. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Sad, guess I will just stick my solid rib barrel on my 1912 straight and pretend.
  9. Biz

Biz 20g

I am the only one that love 12 gauge?
  10. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

No looks like Rudolph does also he’s bidding on the type 2. Hope one of you get it it will be nice fixed up
  11. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

And he bought it, nice show Rudolph that is a impressive gun. Can’t wait to see it restored!
  12. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Thank you!

Am I going to get it restored? I haven’t decided yet. If it didn’t have the Poly Choke and the recoil pad, it’d be a no-brainer. Once I have it in my hands I’ll decide.
  13. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

What did I miss here??
  14. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

15. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

glad to see you won there buddy.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  16. Biz

Biz 20g

Congratulations Rudolph,
    I am glad you got that one. What I like about those types 2 is that none of them seems to be similar contrary to the commun grade 1 which look like that they all come from the same mold. I believe that our type 2, where made by engraver who took some liberty into the interpretation of the design. From the Gunbroker picture, it appears that the foliage design cover the entire top of the receiver of your new acquisition, that is very nice.
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I think the top of the barrel near the barrel extension has some engraving too
  18. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

We shall soon see!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.