Sporting Hunter

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by 4Adam41, Jan 29, 2013.

1. 4Adam41

4Adam41 Copper BB

In about 1995 or 96 I bought a 12 ga Sporting Hunter O/U with 30" bbls, 3.5 " chambers. This was oil finished stock and dull blue metal. Can anyone give me any info as to when it was in production? It's apparently no longer made which is a shame.
    Ken
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey Adam, welcome to the Browning Owners Community!! does the Browning have any serial numbers on the barrel or receiver? Did you buy it New in 95/96 or was it used?
  3. 4Adam41

4Adam41 Copper BB

Yes it has a serial # but my son now has it ...a 1000 miles from here so I do not have it now. I'll call him this evening.

The firearm was purchased new by me from a gun shop in Colorado Springs, Co. Model was listed as Citori Sporting Hunter. Stock demensions were the same as the Sporting Clays model.

Used it phesant hunting in Nebraska but mostly used it skeet & sporting clays .

Well my mistake, the gun was made in 1999. My 71 yo brain wasn't working to well. A call to Browning confirmed the info and I was advised they would return a call re. years of production & number made.

And thanks Billy...that got me off my duff and started me searching.

New update:Joe at Browning customer service called me back and confirmed piece was made in 1999. The Sporting Hunter was only produced from 1998 to 2001.