Speed unload problem

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Maxus/B80, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Maxus/B80

Maxus/B80 Copper BB

I just picked up my new maxus at a whopping 800$ taking full advantage of a pro deal. Maxus black 28" 3 1/2. I haven't shot it yet but have taken it down and inspected the parts and function. The speed loading works great which is a very cool feature. My problem is when testing the speed unloading it wasn't working right. I hit the button on the inside and the shell comes half out and is blocked by the gate. I was able to fiddle with it pressing the button stiffer and was able to get it to spit out the shell but that only worked a few times. I just hit the button on the inside and the shell comes part way out and stops.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the Browning Owners Community!!! I have the Maxus sporting which doesnt come with the magazine cut-off feature but have you given it a good cleaning to get rid of all that factory grease? I know mine was a little stiff until i cleaned it all off and gave it some frog lube.
  3. Maxus/B80

Maxus/B80 Copper BB

I haven't yet, thanks for that advice! I've been using rem oil on my other guns
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

np, let us know if that does the trick.
  5. Boom Stick

Boom Stick Copper BB

I believe he is referring to speed unload not a mag cut off like the original A5.
    The speed unload takes some getting used to. You have to press the shell carrier all the way down. While holding it there press the release. Sometimes the shell pops out and other times I have to play with it a bit.
    As with anything, practice makes perfect. Keep at it and it will become easier each time.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Maxus !!