ring height x bolt

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Kickapoo swinger, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Kickapoo swinger

Kickapoo swinger Copper BB

First off, I am new to the forum and look forward to talking to you guys.
    I recently purchased an x bolt in 270 win. The scope I plan to mount on it is a Nikon 3-9X40 with 1 inch tube.
    Could somebody advise what ring height I should order.
    I had a CZ 550 in .270 and the clearance from the bolt handle to the ocular end was so tight that I could not use the flip up scope caps.
    I understand that the X Bolt has a 60 degree travel. Will this make much difference in my ring height.

Thanks in advance,

KS
  2. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

CZ's bolt handle shape does interfere with scope ocular bells more often than on many other rifles. I would not expect any issues with the Browning bolt handle interfering. I had a Nikon on an A-bolt II (or two?) without issue.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Please take the time to introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum !!
  4. Wik

Wik Copper BB

Though I'd give you all an update on how I did with the Talley mounts. The low one piece mount was just about perfect on the 40mm vx-1 I put on there. Not sure if it could have gone any lower. The problem I am having with the Talleys however is position. I cant seem to get the scope far enough back. I have to crank my neck way forward to get a full picture on full power. This is my first long action rifle and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with limiting the distance that the scope can sit back. I'm considering gong to a rail mount to get another half inch or so back on the scope. Unfortunately that's another hundred bucks or so in hardware.
  5. I use DNZ one piece mounts med. height on both my x-bolts with no problem at all.
  6. cupton

cupton .410

I've got a DNZ Game Reaper one piece (medium height) mount on my X-Bolt and its rock solid. Awesome mount!