Picture of my BLR

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by seamus30, Nov 11, 2011.

1. seamus30

seamus30 .22LR

Here is my BLR:

It has a Bushnell scope that my son let me use until I can get a proper one sometime this winter. Its a .308. I've fired 40 rounds through it and I like it so far. I like to look at it as much as I like to shoot it.

Attached Files:

2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What a great looking gun!!! I'm a big fan of the BLR, love the look of the wood finish.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sweet lookin' rifle...gotta love a lever action .308 !!
  4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

That is sweet having a lever action in .308!
  5. seamus30

seamus30 .22LR

Thanks guys, I'm a leftie and my son is right handed so the BLR was a practical choice when I thought about passing it down to him. And it just looks so cool.

I just found an article by Bruce Hamlin about the history of the BLR. Its an interesting read:

http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/2 ... lr-by.html
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That was good...thanks for posting !
  7. pistolpete

pistolpete Copper BB

nice!
    curious what your current setup specs are (bases,rings and scope) as you state you are going to get a "proper" one....what are you thinking of switching to?

I'm considering going with the leupold two piece base and std rings with a VX!!! 1.5-5 20mm or the 1.5-6 32mm....want to keep a low profile on the rifle.
  8. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

edit
  9. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

10. Billythekid

Nice BLR Setters, very clean look. what type of wood finish is that consider? Walnut?
  11. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Billy -

That is walnut, with Browning's high gloss finish. Based on the amount of figure in the wood it appears to be similar to Browning's Grade II or Grade III wood. I dunno. I just lucked into it back in the 90's. Sweet round too. I always wanted a .308 or .358 but the Roberts will have to do for my BLR fix.
  12. Kanaima

Kanaima Copper BB

Bought new in 81, 1980 BLR, .308 with Weaver K4-1 scope. Beautiful and very accurate rifle.

[​IMG]
    Browning BLR by sunstruck1, on Flickr
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice Kanaima !!
  14. Billythekid

thanks for the info setters and very nice BLR Kanaima!! what type of strap is that? goes really well with the BLR
  15. Kanaima

Kanaima Copper BB

An old one LOL! I bought it when I bought the rifle in 1981, no idea who made it. I swapped out the brass rivets for leather ties.
  16. OlympicFox

OlympicFox .410

Bummer, Kanaima's pic is broken.