Non Take down Question

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Joe Stout, May 3, 2016.

1. Joe Stout

Joe Stout Copper BB

I'm really wanting a non take down 81 in .308 and want to put a b
    Burris scout scope on it. The first gun shop I looked into the gunsmith questioned the wisdom of drilling and tapping the barrel for the mount. He believes the barrel may be to thin.

Is this true? Is there differences in the barrels of take downs and non take downs as to scope mounting? Does anyone have one of these rifles scoped scout style? Any problems? I'll be checking out 2 other shops in town and just trying to do get as much info as possible.

Thanks for any info.
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Not really sure about that Joe...but I am sure someone here will know and reply...standby !!
  3. Joe Stout

Joe Stout Copper BB

Never mind, the question is moot. I just ordered a stainless take down in .308 and a Burris 2-7x32 scout scope.

Can't wait for it to get my hands on it.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK...post some pics when you get her...!!
  5. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

I have the same rifle. You're gonna love it. I'm about to send mine off to Neil jones for a trigger job to try and get it to 1" or better. I'm about 1.25-1.5" right now.

Good luck and enjoy your new heirloom.
  6. Joe Stout

Joe Stout Copper BB

Finally getting to pick it up. Three plus weeks for shipping and Cali wait period. I know they all look the same but this one's the best cause it's mine so pic to follow.
  7. BrShooter

BrShooter .410

Let's see some pictures.