New member from the Republic of Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Glenn pitts, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Glenn pitts

Glenn pitts .22LR

I’m a new member from Houston, Texas and I found the BrowningOwners.com website through a web search today.
    I own a Belgium made Hi-Power which I purchased new in 1971from Oshman’s Sporting Goods (since closed) in Houston for $114.50.
    This gun has never been fired unless the Browning factory did so before they shipped it.

I do own several other brand handguns which I do fire regularly.
    I’m interested in browsing the handgun forums to learn what others have to say about their Browning weapons and especially about the Hi-Power handguns.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Glenn !!

Enjoy our community...
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Wow...that's a great price for a new HP...even in 1971.
  4. Glenn pitts

Glenn pitts .22LR

SHOOTER13,
    I believe that was the 'going price' for it back then (it was not on sale).
    I think I have a magazine ad from that time that states the price? I have the ad, but I will have to check to see if it actually has a price in it.
    Anyway, the actual 'price tag' for this gun is still attached to the black vinyl zipper bag that it came in and I will post a photo of that too.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

"black vinyl zipper bag"...a perfect environment in the Texas heat/humidity for rust... Yes ?
  6. Glenn pitts

Glenn pitts .22LR

I don't store the gun in that original black vinyl bag,

I just kept it like I keep most packaging for almost everything I buy (original packaging)
    This Hi-Power did not come in a box. It was handed over the counter to me in that bag/pouch complete with the price tag attached by a little string.
    I did see a bag like mine sell a month or two ago on Ebay for $100 + shipping.
    That bag had a small hole in it but mine doesn't.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK...just saying is all.

If you got rust...it's because of "some" reason.

You can treat the rust now...but if the cause is not identified...it will return.
    Glenn pitts likes this.