New Member from North Georgia Mountains

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by n4rod, Jul 18, 2017.

1. n4rod

n4rod Copper BB

I joined this form to see if there were other Browning Model 52 Sporting 22 bolt action rifle owners on here and if I could learn more about my gun. This isn't the only Browning I own. I have a 1964 Belgium SA22 rifle, Medalist 22 pistol, high power 9mm pistol, 2 Citori Suplerlight shotguns, 1 in 20 gauge and 1 in .410, and a heavy barrel B78 in .243.

I like and shoot all of my Brownings. Miroku makes some nice firearms. I was fortunate to be in Japan in the early 1970's and arranged a quick tour through their factory. This was before CnC machining, so they were still using mills, lathes, and drill presses. This was also before their contracts with Browning, so they were making guns under their own name and Charles Daly.

I'm a retired government employee. I worked 34 years total for 4 different governments - 1 International, 1 Federal, 1 State, and 1 Municipal. I now live in a quiet little town (249 population) in the remote North Georgia Mountains. I'm 300 yds from the Toccoa River. It's the premier trout fishing stream in the state. The County, Fannin has been designated the "Trout fishing capital of Georgia." I spend a lot of time standing in the river and waving a bamboo stick at the fish. I'm surrounded by national and state forests, as well as wilderness management areas. Not too many structures out where I live. It's nice and secluded, peaceful, and quiet.

I'll keep checking in from time to time to see what info I can learn, and pass on to all the Browning owners out there.

Rod
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...