New Guy from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Morgan, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Morgan

Morgan Copper BB

Hey all.... long time gun owner, just got my first Browning, a Buck Mark. I was surprised to see there was no field strip instructions in the book I got, so I figured I'd look for a forum like that. Any idea why basic field stripping isn't part of the instructions? Looking forward to getting out and doing a little plinking with this handgun.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.
  4. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

5. Morgan

Morgan Copper BB

Thanks for the warm welcome! Shot about 600 rounds through the Buckmark yesterday. What a joy to shoot. Dead bang accurate. Got the wife shooting too.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Glad ya like it !!

Can you post a picture...!?
  7. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the Browning Owners Community Morgan!! how did the field strip video work out for you?

BTK
  8. StrangeBird1911

StrangeBird1911 Copper BB

I had the same question about my new Buck Mark. I was surprised the manual recommended cleaning without field stripping. The video on how to strip was good, but my question is what do you folks do? Do you follow the manual's easy cleaning instructions, or field strip after every range visit?
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum StrangeBird !!

I don't field strip each and every time...just use a boresnake with some Hoppe's #9 on it.
  10. Welcome from Indiana. Sounds like your going to need to get some more Brownings.