New Guy from New York

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Eagle Rider, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Hi there fellas (and ladies as the case may be). I'm Eagle Rider from NY. I have a couple of A-Bolt II rifles that were stalkers but I customized them (well one and I'm working on the other) into something a little nicer.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Eagle Rider !!

How about a few pictures of those A-Bolts...!?
  3. here they are. The Walnut is a 30-06, the green lamy is a 270 Win. They both have Burris glass. 2015-01-16 10.49.01.jpg
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. I bedded them myself and did the trigger springs. They are a dream to work on.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Beautiful.................................!!
  6. How do you like the DNZ mount on the 270??
  7. I like the DNZ mounts a lot. I have them on a few rifles. They're really well made. They wind up costing no more then Leupold of Warne hardware would and there's no lapping or aligning reuired. Plus the machined aluminum is a little weight saving compared to steel hardware.
  8. sweet- just ordered a set for my BAR- what are the screw heads on the receiver screws like? torx..allen? I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail in a few days. I went with medium height for a 44mm obj.
  9. They're torx. Comes with the wrench in the package. Receiver and ring screws take the same wrench. Just don't use guntite or any other liquid thread fastener on the ring screws. They're plenty long and catch better than 20 full threads. If you use any it will be nearly impossible to open it if you needed to. A buddy did that any had to heat the wrench with a MAP gas torch while it was on the screw to get the stuff to crystalize so he can turn the screw back. He called DNZ to complain about what he went through. Since then they post on their website not to use loctite or any liquid fastener. I guess others made the same mistake. The receiver screws you should use a liquid binder / fastener on. Just not the rings.
  10. Cool. Do you know if they're comparable with 8-40 screw's? I know they come with 6-40 but I need to use 8-40. Some mounts come with both
  11. 6-40 I believe. Just the one size.