New Auto 5 guy from Scotland

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by thisisdonald, Oct 9, 2016.

1. thisisdonald

thisisdonald .22LR

Hi folks.
    New member with a new gun here.
    My name is Donald and I live on the West coast of Scotland.
    Ive just purchased a 1954 Belgian auto 5. Ive not fired her yet, so looking forward to some range time.
    Ive been doing all my usual research when I get a new gun and Ive found lots of interesting markings.
    Most of them I have deciphered, but there are still a couple which are eluding me.
    For example I know that during construction of my particular gun, Clement Laenen provisionally proofed the barrel and Charles Watrin proofed the barrel extension and the final fitted barrel/barrel extension.
    The receiver was proofed by Martin Luyten and the magazine was restricted to 3 shots in the UK in 1990 - the restriction probably happened when the home office made magazine fed shotguns over 3 shots only available on a firearms certificate, rather than a shotgun certificate.
    Anyway, Im hoping to find more information and good advice on this forum, as well as making a few buddies along the way.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Hello Donald, and welcome.

See you over at the Auto-5 forum.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
  4. thisisdonald

thisisdonald .22LR

Thanks Lads
  5. thisisdonald

thisisdonald .22LR

[​IMG]
    Here's my auto5 alongside my dad's silvered one and his double auto.. good day out at the clays yesterday.