New 30-06 BXR Ammo

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by cupton, Oct 5, 2016.

1. cupton

cupton .410

Anyone use the new Browning BXR ammo in their Browning rifles? I have a 30-06 XBolt Stainless Stalker and fired a box this morning. My rifle was zero'd with Hornady Whitetail at 100 yards so I thought Id see how close the new BXR shot. I was about an inch high and left. I zero'd in for the BXR since it really seemed to be more consistent in the shots after going through a 20 round box. My barrel was getting a little hot so I called it quits for the day and will go out later this week and see if I'm still on zero. I dont trust zeroing a scope on a super hot barrel, but maybe thats just me. ;)
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Not just you...I zero with a cold bore too.
  3. cupton

cupton .410

At what round count do you say "Welp, I gotta wait till it cools off?"
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Usually three rounds down range...each shot approximately 1 minute apart.

Cooling for about 7 minutes while I log the shots...brand of ammo / bullet weight in grains / yardage...adding the variables like wind, temperature, humidity, altitude, etc.

( my long range rifle is a Remington Model 700 BDL chambered in 7mm Rem Mag )
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  5. cupton

cupton .410

Thanks SHooter13! I got the BXR's in a tight little group at 100 yards with a hot barrel, but now I'm going to see how I do since the barrel has cooled.
    MZ5 and SHOOTER13 like this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sounds like an accurate BXR...

Let us know how you make out next range trip....

( BTW...I keep a log book for each and every one of my firearms...that way I can keep track of what ammo does and does not work for each specific application. )