Need some bits for auto 5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by tasum, Oct 2, 2014.

1. tasum

tasum Copper BB

I'm looking to replace the bronze friction piece on my 12g auto 5 as I've sourced all the usual bits, but can't find one of these anywhere. I'm UK based. :(

They have the piece for the magnum and the 20g at midwayuk, but they don't stock the 12g version of the bronze piece.

Has anyone got one knocking about they no longer need?

Would also like the steel friction ring if anyone has one knocking around. :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking. :)
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Tasum--

Have you tried calling Midway? It could be an oversight that they omitted it from their website.
    tasum likes this.
  3. tasum

tasum Copper BB

Thanks Rudolph31, did have a chat with them.

They told me they get their part from midwayusa so if they do't have the part on their list in the UK they can't supply it. Unfortunately, usa doesn't have the 12g version either.

Hopefully, someome will find one lurking in a drawer or in their parts pile :)
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

How worn is the one you've got? Set for heavy loads, a worn BFP should be OK with target loads.
  5. tasum

tasum Copper BB

one I've got seems ok, just wanted to get a spare. not shot it yet as the steel friction ring not arrived yet, ordered new springs as well. thanks for the assist :)
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum tasum !!
    tasum likes this.
  7. txrick55

txrick55 .22LR

Have you tried a Browning dealer there in the UK ? They may be able to order one for you.
    Possibly EBAY or online sources there. I have checked a few sites here and most are out of stock
    here are the Browning part numbers.
    Bronze Friction ring....... B1111197
    Steel collar......................B1111215
    Steel Bevel ring...............B1111205