Medalist Questions

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by oldobxguy, Jun 1, 2014.

1. oldobxguy

oldobxguy Copper BB

Why doesn't my pistols Serial # format conform to the following Browning explanation?

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/detail.asp?id=39

They indicate that the Serial # of a Medalist manufactured in 1968 would look like 8T100000 etc.
    Mine has a Serial # of 100000T8 and the Black Presentation case has Brass Corner Protectors.

The pistol was presented to my wife's uncle in 1968, by a Browning executive, in appreciation for the
    beautiful restoration work done to his vacation home on Nantucket Island, Mass.

In 2000, I was given the above mentioned Medalist, and my wife was given his beautiful unfired Baby Browning Renaissance. We feel very fortunate to have these fine weapons but are curious of the reason for the uniqueness of the Medalist serial # and Brass Cornered Presentation Case. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

cpwingfield@gmail.com
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum oldobxguy !!

Seems you already have your answer...it's a unique presentation Medalist with a unique presentation serial number.

Many "presentation" series firearms from different manufacturers have uniques serial numbers to further set them apart from the normal runs...treasure the difference !!
  3. oldobxguy

oldobxguy Copper BB

Thank you for the verification SHOOTER . Now how would I go about finding the value of this particular weapon?
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Short of buying a copy of the Fjestad's Blue Book of Gun Values...I have actually walked into a Barnes & Noble Book store and looked up the value of a firearm in question

when in their store to pick up a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine. Took less than a minute...and I did buy something !

http://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/Products/Product_Detail.aspx?id=503
  5. oldobxguy

oldobxguy Copper BB

Thanks again SHOOTER, but the closest book store is over 50+ miles away. I may just invest in the digital on-line access. It's great living here in OBX but it also has some drawbacks as far as medical care and shopping is concerned, not complaining mind you, just stating facts.:cool:
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Been down to OBX quite a times...mostly for fishing vacations...stayed in Corolla twice, Duck once. Saw the wild mustangs just north of the beach where I stayed.

You mean to tell me Kill Devil, Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, and Hatteras don't have one book store between them...!?

Anyway...let us know what info you find out !