Lost the slide handle !

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Texbrowning, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Texbrowning

Texbrowning Copper BB

I was wondering if this is a common issue. After the second shot at a tower Pheasant shoot, I noticed that the handle on the bolt was gone, and I was unable to easily reload.
    When I talked with Browningm they are going to send me the handle, once they get tham back in stock.
    Every place i have looked has been on backorder, which makes me wonder if this is a common occurance.
    If so, I may cerakote the next one blaze orange, drill a hole in it and tie on a foot of surveying tape, or at the very least carry a spare in the future.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Haven't had an issue with mine but I could see how hard it would be to Reload without te slide handle. How much use do you have on yours?
  3. Texbrowning

Texbrowning Copper BB

Maybe 1000 rounds.
    I am hopeing that I didn't get the handle seated after the last cleaning, but the fact that noone has them in stock makes me wonder.
  4. Texbrowning

Texbrowning Copper BB

Billy,
    Do you know if a handle from a Browning Gold would work on the Maxus? I found some at Brileys for the Gold, and they do not even list the Maxus...
  5. Billythekid

Not sure, how does the shape look in comparison? My buddy has a gold I can see if it fits this weekend
  6. Texbrowning

Texbrowning Copper BB

As far as I can tell, thye look very similar if not exactly the same. The only reason I think they may be different is becaus the part number @ Brileys are different.
    TSPA-19 for the Gold Hunter, and TSPA-191 for the Maxus.
  7. Billythekid

my buddy will be in town this weekend so i will give it a shot.