Longtime Browning owner new member

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Benoitthegr8, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 .22LR

Hello everyone...

I'm Ben and have recently started collecting Browning firearms.

I stumbled onto this forum while doing some research into the Auto-5 that was recently purchased, I had discovered that this forum is a great resource with many friendly and knowledgable folks who are members.

About me, I in the process of retiring from the military after 24 years. I'm planning to go back to school for gunsmithing this next fall (2016). I have a large shop that was built to accomidate my 2 muscle cars, parts, tools and such. I've recently sold off my cars and decided to go another direction, the plan is to convert the shop into a gunsmith and reloading workshop. When I start school I'll begin the process of acquiring tools, machining equipment and pick up things along the way. I'm going to need to have the power changed to accomidate the power needs of larger tools such as a milling machine, lathe, drill press, large compressor, ect.

My avatar pic was taken by my friend while verifying my A-bolt prior to 2013 firearms season in Missouri, I go there every year to hunt with him. That was a banner year for whitetail hunting, we both bagged good bucks, he bagged his opening weekend and I had to wait until that next week for mine. Anyway I'm an avid outdoorsman and I've taken much more of an interest in the tools of the trade per say.

My screen name is my nick name my grandmother who was French-Canadian gave me, I've used this name on different forums and boards since about 2000.

I'm new to this game, any opinions and feedback would be welcome, thanks for checking out my thread

BT
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Ben !!

Nice to have you on board...especially an up and coming gunsmith.

Looking forward to your progress in school...keep us updated.

BTW...Which Muscle Cars did you sell off...!?

I owned a 1979 Z-28 Camaro for over 25 years...

[​IMG]
  3. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 .22LR

Very nice looking Z-28, a buddy of mine growing up had a simililar car in that same color green, except his had the beige interior... ahhhhh, the good old days. OK, I'll digress, since 1991 I've owned 5 of these cars, my first was a 1987 Buick Grand National, I've since had a 1986 GN, a 1986 Buick Regal T-Type, and 2 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T cars, the last was my nicest that I kept the longest. These were the last memories I have of the car when the guy picked her up and trailered her back to Iowa, what a sad memory ☹️
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice....!!

Buddy of mine had two Grand Nationals...we use to street race them in an industrial park 1/4 mile road on Friday nights...

Awesome memories.