Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by twin_rotor, Nov 18, 2015.

1. twin_rotor

twin_rotor Copper BB

BAR owner here, looking for info. Thanks for a place to share!

I've owned 3 Brownings. First rifle purchased by my father in 1981; a new BAR in .30-06. Second, my 12th birthday present, another .30-06 BAR (1991 model, new). Had a stupid moment and sold mine when I was younger. Dad always let me use his whenever I hunted. A few years ago, I tried out a .22 auto pistol and loved it. 6" slabside from 1989. Got bored with it and sold it.

Dad is gone and I have the .30-06. I've been using a single shot .270WIN here in AR for a few years, because it weights about 4 pounds in a bull barrel, red dot, AR style stock.. This year, I carry the BAR in memory of my father. This rifle has taken A LOT of game both here in AR and CO. My back cusses me for it, but I carry on. This season has been good; took 3 deer with my dad's old Grey Hawk side fire smoke pole.

That's what brings me here; plug questions. I hunt in a thick area.. Rifle has an early '90s 3-9x40 Simmons DeerField, but I really don't need any optics. No longer shots than 100yrds at a time, and that's rare.. The BAR has factory (or I think they are) Williams iron sights I want to use.. So I need some receiver plugs, or do I? I'll find the appropriate place to ask these questions.

Thanks again for the space for information!

Ben from Arkansas
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Ben !!