Hi there...I need some info High Power .308 Caliber Rifle

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Made-in-Belgium, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Made-in-Belgium

Made-in-Belgium Copper BB

Hi everyone...I'm from Ottawa, Canada and I have recently went back to the family home to retrieve my BAR .308win and my Auto5 because I wanted to get back into hunting and into sport and target shooting...both guns are approx 40-45 years old but I'm mostly interested in the BAR .308 for now as I want to give it a breath of fresh air with a new scope, re-bluing it and maybe a trigger job...the only infos found on the gun are this : (left side) 'Browning Arms Company' - 'Made in Belgium' - (right side) 'Caliber .308 Only' - 'Patent Pending'...and directly on the chamber the only serial number I could find anywhere on the gun,,, 24254M70 ....this number does not match anything I've seen so far and the Browning website was not very fruitful...the only info I've found so far was regarding the M which would mean it's a BAR High Power model...any help would be greatly appreciated tracking back the year it was made or any additional infos you could give me regarding the scope mounts model for such a gun...Thank you very much for reading this, Regards to All...Marc
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Re: Hi there...I need some info High Power .308 Caliber Rifl

Hey Marc, welcome to the browning owners community!! I will see if I can try to dig up some info for you but it sounds like you have two fantastic browning firearms. Post some pics when you get a chance, would love to see how they are holding up after 40 yrs. all the best

BTK
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!
  4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.