Hello from an Arkansan living in Virginia.

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Jason, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Jason

Jason .22LR

Hello, my name is Jason and I live in Alexandria, Virginia. For small game, I enjoy turkey and squirrel hunting (no one makes better squirrel dumplings, except maybe your wife or Mom). For bigger game I've hunted white tail deer all my life and lately do some hog hunting.

Until last year, I owned a 30-06 semi-auto, but I recently I've decided to strategically think about my firearms selection based upon where and what I hunt.

I think I want a .22, 12 gauge shotgun, 7mm-08 semi-automatic, and 30-06 bolt action (oh, and a muzzleloader and compound bow). I currently own a Ruger .22 and Remington 1100 shotgun and I wouldn't trade anything for those two guns. But I recently traded my Remington 30-06 for a .30 carbine (The carbine looked fun and I was not happy with the Remington semi-30-06). I also own a Matthews compound bow that I am more accurate with (relatively speaking) than with any modern gun (you wouldn't want to be a deer within 50 yards of me with that thing).

That means I need three guns to complete my dream collection: A Browning BAR MK 3 chambered for 7mm-08 and a X-Bolt Pro chambered for 30-06. Oh, and a Remington 700 Ultimate muzzleloader .50 cal.

I can't wait to catch 300lb Hog in a clear-cut at 100 yards with my 7mm-08 nor to see a white tail enter a field at 300 yards with my 30-06 bolt action.

I figure that with this collection, I'll be able to hunt what I want, hunt where I want, and darn near do it year round. (that is, if I can find a MAR MK 3 7mm-08...)

Jason
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
  3. XDMBOB

XDMBOB .270 WIN

Sounds like a good plan Jason, have fun hunting and welcome to the forum!