Hello forum

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by ML II THUMBHOLE, May 9, 2013.

1. ML II THUMBHOLE

ML II THUMBHOLE Copper BB

I just recently purchased a 7mm wsm m-1000 eclipse ss thumbhole...
    This is my first Browning. In the process of purchasing a scope. I have a mount coming. I'm curious about a bipod for this gun. I was leaning towards a Harris, but not sure what would fit that wide forearm stock without damaging the wood.
    I've purchased this rifle in hope to get in to long range hunting and shooting out to 1k.
    as to my (handle) ml ll thumbhole. I own several guns and rifles, but my favorite by far is my Savage ML ll laminated ss 50 cal. muzzleloader. it is a tack driver. The last three deer have been taken between 324 and 369 yds.
    I like to hunt, shoot. golf when in can. I really enjoy my first grandson. I hope that sometimes when I write in all caps I'm forgiven. It's hard for me to manipulate the shift tabs. I was in a bad motorcycle accident, and im left with nerve damage. so, I struggle to type correctly. kind of a waste of my typing skills learned in high school.
    I hope that there are people in here that will help me get going on this rifle when i get further down the road with scope, e.c.t. I looked for this all last year and could not find one new. It all seemed to break loose. about a month ago, and now I've seen several..
    Anyway, thanks for welcoming me to the site.

p
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Welcome to the Browning Owners Community!! Congrats on the purchase of your first Browning. Look forward to hearing your feedback on the ML II thumbhole and the rest of the collection of firearms you have. Post some pictures when you get a chance of the collection. What type of Scope are you leaning towards? All the best.

BTK
  3. ML II THUMBHOLE

ML II THUMBHOLE Copper BB

I'm leaning towards the Millet 6x25x56 illuminated reticle for around 448.00 that seems to be the best bang for my buck at this point. I figured that would at least let me know if I could be a serious long range shooter. If that works out, I may start saving for a nightforce, or huskamaw. they are very pricey. I did read through the break in barrel thread on here last night. Do you break in your barrels that way? I generally clean gun before shooting for the first time, and run a bore snake a couple times after about every five shots to fifty shots. I sure dont want to ruin the barrel, how do you break in yours?
  4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.

Another brand of scopes to look at are the Vortex models...When it comes to breaking in barrels there are countless possibilities but I am not sure there is one better than the next.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!
  6. Ontarget

Ontarget Copper BB

Welcome
    Browning has their breakin instructions on the browning website.