Euro trash primer conditioner

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, May 9, 2021.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

So another review of a BP product. If you, like me load euro trash you will likely encounter the situation that they take the larger primer(rio). If you wanna substitute an American primer in these hulls you will have problems with the primer backing out of the hull, some gas blow-by. Not really a problem in o/u, but could be a disaster in and auto loader. This tool works. You will need about three good strikes with a good hammer. Normal hammer struggles to provide enough force without more hits. I have found that placing the bottom portion of the conditioner on a vice improves the results. So your probably wondering what it will feel like when installing the primer in the hull after conditioning, all I can say is you will see the difference and you will know . It will require more force to seat the primer.

Attached Files:

2. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

As sit here eating breakfast early hrs yet another good post. Having spent a lifetime loading eurotrash this tool works well and is a lifesaver if you use an auto. A large nylon hammer works perfect if you do on anvil or vise base as described and you don’t mushroom the tool . The steel quality of punch itself is excellent. Only other thing that works is a mec super sizer.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Auzzie: I also have a mec super sizer and collets for each gauge. Duh, honestly I never even tried it with that, what’s really bad is I always resize on it, as I think it does a much better job then the resizing ring on mec. Damn see like I said earlier, it’s all about the sharing and helping. Hey the light is on, just burning dim on that one. I’m gonna give it a go. In my defense the tool was free.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Ranger both ways work fine you just have to tweak your supersizer so collets close in bit tighter and keep adjusting till you get that right extra crush feel on base cup and try seating few primers to get the right feel on your press. You know what I am talking about. The size master just lets you do it a whole lot quicker when you have heaps to do.
    As you stated earlier nothing worse than a primer that drops out in your auto and disappears into the trigger group half way through a round at your skeet comp.
    look forward to your next round of posts.
  5. Ranger6

Thanks auzzie, I ask for this section to be created, so feel a little guilty if I don’t post some stuff. Been kinda quite on here lately. Usually the same group post things. I got another hull in mind( euro trash),
    Looking for a load now. It will be for the old stevens hammer gun. It will need to be around 7000 psi and around 12-1250 fps.