Browning T-Series

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by AlseaFA, Dec 10, 2023.

1. AlseaFA

AlseaFA Copper BB

I have been looking for a nice Browning Hi Power for a couple of months and saw a beauty today at the gun show. It is a T-series but has an adjustable front sight. Would that be a stock feature on the T series as all I have seen for sale were fixed? I would like to buy the gun, but was wondering if the sight is correct. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Brian
  2. I'm not an expert, but I've owned Browning Hi-Powers for forty years. I've never seen an adjustable front sight on a factory Hi-Power or on any other Hi-Power. Maybe a genuine expert will show up in this thread to offer better help. Hang in there.

Good luck.
  3. AlseaFA

AlseaFA Copper BB

Sorry. Meant REAR sight.
  4. Soundguy

Soundguy .410

Whew! An adjustable front sight would be quite different!

Most, I have read, had standard fixed sights, but some may have had tangent or other adjustable sights . Can you show us pictures? Pictures always help.

Take a look at the frame under the grips. The back of original grips should be painted red. Moisture control, I think. While you have the grips off, inspect the condition/appearance of the metal under the grips of this 50 ear old pistol. I recently bought a near pristine 74C which had some surface rust and general discoloration of the metal there. If this had been a face to face purchase, I would have walked away without a good reduction in price.

Cheers,
    Tim