Browning Medalist Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by KFR676, May 21, 2016.

1. KFR676

KFR676 Copper BB

Hi folks. I'm new to this forum and new to being a Browning owner. I've been in the market for a target pistol and through my research started to learn about the Browning Medalists. I searched around my local area and found one from 1962. Bought it, cleaned it and took it to the range for the first time today. Unfortunately I had a lot of trouble with the trigger. I loaded the mag, secured it in the magazine well and wracked a round in the chamber. When I pulled the trigger I noticed that the trigger wouldn't move as if the safety was on. I checked my safety and it was disengaged. So I released the mag, dumped the round from the chamber re-inserted the mag and tried again with the same result. I was only able to get two shots off so I know it fires but the shots fired almost randomly. I would pull the trigger and it was like the gun decided to fire when it wanted to and not when I wanted it to. Not only a little annoying but dangerous too. I was using CCI .22 LRs. I called the dealer I bought it from and they said they would take a look at it but I was wondering if anyone out there might know what I might be doing wrong or what might be wrong with the gun. I suppose it could be a bad trigger or maybe the safety even though visually disengaged, may not actually be so. Any input you all may have would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.