BHP gun rug

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by Jerrold Taylor, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Jerrold Taylor

Jerrold Taylor Copper BB

Hi:

I just bought a 1977 issue HP in mint condition complete with instruction booklet and 2 original magazines. Gun looks unfired. Does anyone know if this gun came with a red felt lined rug or one with a white wool like liner. My 1968 T-series has a red felt lined rug.
  2. Very nice score, Jerrold. How did you come to find it? And are there any more? :D

In regard to your question, I'm no expert with regard to BHP gun rugs, but, if it helps, my PY Hi-Power (ca. 1982) came with a red-lined gun rug.

Merry Christmas.
  3. Jerrold Taylor

Jerrold Taylor Copper BB

Thanks, I have a couple of red lined rugs that I'm watching on the web at outlandish prices. Took me several years to get a decent and correct rug, instruction booklet and hanging tag for my unfired 1968 T-Series. I also have a new 1994 Capitan. My favorite shooter is an Argentine FM High Power that I bought new several years ago. I installed a ring hammer from Gunparts, removed the magazine safety and worked over the Hammer/sear. It isn't pretty but does a great job. I found the newest 1977 HP in a local ad bulletin. It had been passed down through several generations of family members.