BAR high capacity magazine

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by atkpilot, Oct 27, 2012.

1. atkpilot

atkpilot Copper BB

I am interested in modifying my Browning Bar to accept a higher capacity mag. Obviously this would be a customized mod. Does anyone know a company that can modify the base and makes a higher capacity mag. I have a new BAR Safari in 7mm Rem Mag.

Thanks.

Jim
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum atkpilot !!

...sorry, don't know of anyone doing that mod.
  3. Kanaima

Kanaima Copper BB

4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Great find.

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.
  5. bmumford

bmumford Copper BB

Any luck finding someone with the ability to perform a high capacity magazine mod to a BAR? To me, that sounds like an interesting concept for those that would like their hunting weapon to pull double duty as a defensive firearm (as was the case throughout most of history). Most of what's out there is the opposite and too heavy in 308 or greater calibers. Carrying a 10-12 lb rifle through the mountains is crazy.

The FNAR would be perfect if they could shave a couple pounds by doing things like losing the pistol grip and by using a 5-round mag while hunting. The BAR is about as light and accurate as a bolt-action and ultra reliable/low maintenance (as it's piston-driven). It obviously isn't going to be ideal as a battle weapon, but it would be nice to know you could pop a 10 or 20-round mag in it if it were the only thing you had. I don't know how much the barrel would be affected after that.