AR Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Apr 22, 2011.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Global Moderator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Post up those AR-15s, AR-10s, and any other semi-auto rifles...

[​IMG]
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Here's my first AR, a .223/5.56 Bushmaster Varminter with 24" Fluted DCM Competition Barrel. It was a tack driver right out of the box. I recently added a new Magpul PRS buttstock with an Accushot Monopod. It's an incredible combo that sets up a perfect three point shooting base...

[​IMG]

The PRS is as solid as they come and has easy turn turrets for adjusting the LOP and cheek weld for a customizable fit.

[​IMG]

The Accushot is the most amazing shooting tool I've ever used. I have one on each of my target rifles. The range of adjustment is amazing and the ability to make fine adjustments on target is unrivaled. Depress the quick adjust button for macro adjustments or simply twist the monopod around its threads to raise or lower your crosshairs by a fraction of a milimeter. You never have to take your eyes off the target as you fine tune your elevation.

[​IMG]
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Picked up an FN Ps90 a few years back.

You hear all kinds of debate about the 5.7x28mm caliber ranging from comparisons to a mini .223 to others saying it's nothing more than a glorified .22 mag. I shoot the ss197 rounds and in my experience, it's an incredibly low recoil, speedy little booger that's just as consistent at 100yds as my other .223 ARs. Tons of fun at the range and the 50 round mags mean lots of shootn time without having to reload...

[​IMG]

I added the quad-rail forend, vented barrel shroud, folding foregrip, mag coupler, brass catcher, ITAC-TFL2 (120 lumens), and Eotech 512.
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Recently picked up an FN SCAR 16s...

[​IMG]

This is a truly AMAZING rifle with incredible balance. FN builds great products and the SCAR has to be one of their finest creations. I set-up a co-witness with my Eotech 512 and a Sightmark magnifier on a FTS mount. At distance, my eyes need all the help I can get...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Here's my latest project and work in progress...

[​IMG]

Built it up from a stripped Spikes Tactical lower, ST Enhanced LPK, and Magpul CTR. I'm goin with a 16" ST M4 LE carbine upper with a 7" BAR rail. Just a few more weeks to wait until my upper ships. I'll be adding an Eotech EXPS2-0 and a flip-down rear Troy Battlesight. Can't wait to get her finished...
  6. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Now those are some badass guns....I was thinking of picking up the Scar at some-point, does it live up to the hype? I was thinking of getting the 308 version of the scar but i know it is pretty tough to find, so i might have to go with the 223.
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thank you Sir,

The SCAR platform DEFINITELY lives up to its reputation. The .308/7.62x51 17s is not as readily available as the 5.56 16s, but is highly regarded by those who have them. Both models were available to me but I went with the 16s because I plan on shooting it A LOT and I can get the Wally World 100 round Federal .223 value pack for $40 vs. 20 rounds of .308 for around $14. Bulk/Surplus 7.62x51 can be purchased cheaper, but I don't like the idea of running surplus ammo through a semi-auto rifle like the SCAR. I'll spit that stuff outta my AK all day, but not the SCAR.

Good luck getting your hands on one. You won't regret it.
  8. LAZY EYED SNIPER

My upper arrived yesterday and I wss finally able to complete my Spike's build...

ST 16" 5.56 M4 LE Carbine w/ 7" BAR Rail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pulled the Sightmark magnifier off my SCAR for the photo, but I doubt I'll use it much on this new carbine. Have a few dozen Pmags loaded up and can't wait to get to the range this weekend!
  9. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

That spikes AR15 really came together nicely!
  10. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thank you Sir!

I'm really proud of it.
  11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Most of my precision shooting is accomplished with an AR platform. The longest shot I've ever taken was at 200 yards...Range 14 @ Fort Dix, NJ.

My Olympic Arms CAR-97 PCR ( Politically Correct Rifle ) was bought during the Federal Assault Weapon Ban ( 1994-2004 ), and was noteably absent a bayonet lug and had a pinned M4orgery stock. I have since added a functional 6 position M4 stock from the original manufacturer.

Features

chambered for 5.56 NATO
    1:9 twist rate
    16" 416 Black Oxide Stainless Steel heavy barrel w/muzzle break
    A2 forged upper/lower receiver
    Pachmayr grips
    (shown w/ red dot sight)

[​IMG]

200 yards...using Hornady 5.56 NATO 55gr GMX Superformance (HEAD)
    200 yards...using Hornady .223 REM 55gr TAP FPD (CENTER MASS)

[​IMG]

Iron sights...bench rested over Caldwell Bag...Winchester Spotting Scope 15-45X60mm

[​IMG]
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

The AR platform is rapidly becoming the number one choice of longarm for todays shooter. With all the different caliber variations being manufactured by just as many companies it has captured the affection of sport shooters, police forces, and military around the world due to its accuracy and modularity.

Let's see yours...
  13. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Finished my Pop's rifle build a couple weeks ago...

[​IMG]

My Pop is a big fan of grizzly bears and is a bit of a big 'ol griz himself, so I comp'd up a personalized logo for the right side of the magwell on his rifle. It came out perfect!

[​IMG]

His name is also lasered just below the logo, but I removed it from the photo.
  14. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Flew out to present it to him and got out to the range for some fun. It was well worth the wait...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think he likes it!

[​IMG]
  15. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Just finished my latest build...

Spikes Midlength 5.56

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is with the Spikes carbine...

[​IMG]
  16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Two words come to mind SNIPER...

AWESOME

&

BEAUTIFUL

:cool:
  17. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is a sweet looking setup you got there!!!!
  18. LAZY EYED SNIPER

19. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I took the Mrs. out shooting a few months back and she got a chance to get behind a couple of my 5.56 builds for the first time. She was hooked, and immediately asked me to build one of her own. We talked through the specs a bit and decided on a dedicated .22lr upper. Here she is all finished up...

[​IMG]

...and here she is with my YHM .22 Mite suppressor and a UTG 3.9" ITA Red/Green Dot Sight on a QD cantilever mount...

[​IMG]

She's sit'n on a Spike's Punisher lower with ST enhanced LPK, all color treated in 'flashy fucshia'. I'd never use a Punisher logo lower on any of my own builds, but I couldn't pass up the chance at adding a little comedic irony to a pink .22lr build. I used a 16" Chiappa M4-22 upper with a 1:16" twist and added a gen 2 Magpul MBUS. The upper to lower fit is excellent with no wiggle or movement at all. I'm very pleased so far. The buttstock is an RRA 'Entry' model which is essentially a shortened A2 unit on a carbine length buffer tube. It fits her like a glove! We're looking into having the handguard, stock, and mags hydro-dipped in black/pink camo. I'll post up some new pics when we get it done...
  20. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

POF 416 with 14.5" barrel
    Rainier Arms Raptor Charging Handle
    Magpul AFG2, Rail Covers, BUIS, CTR Stock
    BlackHawk XPHOSNT Light
    Button Sling Ambi Setup
    SWFA SS 1-6x HD
    SWFA Switchview
    LaRue Tactical SPR-E LT139
    Geissele SDE Trigger

[​IMG]