Any CXS owners out there?

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Dallas_CMT, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

The CXS 20ga, 30" in "White" sure has my eye... but wow have those prices gone up. Used to be around $1800 but then jumped to $2400 during the COVID years. Or, for $1000 more, I can get the 20/28ga combo gun.

Still may get one... I've got the semi auto covered, just would like to have an OU. Talk me into it!
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Have one only it has the blued receiver. Is the combo on the 20 ga frame or baby frame 28? I’ve had no issues with it, just don’t use it much.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
  3. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Pretty sure the combo is the 20ga frame.

But now it's $3700! Midway wants $4500!!

UPC is 023614735052.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I would agree that’s a 20 ga frame. Little heavier than a true 28 ga frame gun. That midway price includes a fitted case, so not as bad without a case. Beretta baby frame 28/410 combo was over 5000. They are all nice.
    Dallas_CMT likes this.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I accidentally bought a 20 gauge Cynergy a few years back and love it. Since folks still preferred Citoris, the price has come way down. You might look into it.

[​IMG]
  6. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

That sure looks great.. can't recall why I dismissed it, but is it mostly a hunting gun? In a 20, I'd like a 30-in barrel, manual safety, and 14.5+ LOP. That softer finish on the wood looks good, too.
  7. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Oh, and I'd love to hear the story of this terrible accident...
  8. Ranger6

Me too! Maybe that’s just a way around the wifey? Not like you forgot to put the landing gear down or anything!
    Rudolph31 and Dallas_CMT like this.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Nothing like that. I haven’t had an opportunity to forget to extend the gear for over two years. And the wife doesn’t care what I buy — so long as it’s not a motorcycle.

No, a few years ago when Browning had high hopes for the Cynergy and they were still expensive, I put in a low ball bid on Gunbroker. I never expected to win the auction. But I’m glad I did, because it’s a great little gun! If only it held more than two shells…

As to barrel length, I think they’re 28”, but as I’m digging it out of the safe to shoot tonight, I’ll measure and let you know.
  10. Ranger6

Motorcycle??? What's wrong with that? I bought a brand-new road king in 2010. Sold it 3 years ago with over 80,000 miles on it. I loved that thing and was one of the worst mistakes ever. I will own another.
  11. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Per the Browning website, they do make a 20ga in 30". But the LOP is 14.25", which can probably be extended with the add-on spacer. But it's just over 6 pounds which is light for a 20ga clays gun. And, the 20ga/30" is nowhere to be found. Still, it's with looking at/for.
  12. Ranger6

I like a heaver one for clays also, but it swings nice with 30" barrels. I would have to weigh to be sure, but I think it's more than 6 lbs. It's a short walk for me to find one.
  13. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

For the 20ga 30", the website shows 6 lbs 6 oz for the Cynergy, but 7 lbs 2 oz for the Citori.

Both have a manual safety.

Hmmm
  14. Ranger6

yep I was referring to the citori. Makes sense now.
  15. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Sorry it took so long, but I finally measured my barrels on my Cynergy. They’re 28”, 28 1/2 if you count the extended choke tubes.
  16. Ranger6

I like the 28" the best. Just seems to fit me better.
  17. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve had a few motorcycles over the years and I think I’ve used up all my luck. Those blue haired old ladies are out to kill you!
    Ranger6 likes this.