AimPoint on a Maxus

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Scrumbag, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Hello folks, am looking for some advice.

Over here in Merry Ol' Europe we sometimes shoot driven wild boar with shotguns and slugs.

As such, I'm thinking of getting a gas operated semi - auto and I do like the Maxus.

So, with a 26" bbl Maxus and a non-drilled and tapped receiver, has anyone mounted an Aimpoint? Am thinking an H1-Micro.

Thanks in advance,

Scrummy
  2. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Seriously, 40 views and no ideas?
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey scrum, I have a Maxus sporting and love it. Never thought of mounting a scope on it though since I only use it for trap and skeet. I do have a micro on my ar and it is nice and compact. What were ur thoughts on mounting, did you find anything out there that would allow u to mount one?
  4. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

Did you end up doing anything with this? It sounds like an interesting concept.
  5. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looking at my Maxus, the tricky part would be mounting a rail system on the gun. To be honest I would be pretty afraid to drill holes in it and screw it up.
  6. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

7. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Copper BB

My Maxus came with a drilled and tapped receiver. The only source for the base is from Browning at about $35. or so.
    I have an Aimpoint 9000SC that I will eventually mount for turkey hunting.
    Seeing as I have an assortment of old bases I found a one piece base that I could modify to fit my Maxus. I was surprised to find that your regular scope base screws were too small for the browning. And I could find no screws in my assortment that fit. They have a different thread so you might as well buy it from Browning.
    The threaded holes themselves appear to be a nylon type insert in the aluminum threads. Presumably to help prevent stripping the threads.
  8. Scrumbag

Scrumbag .410

Hi Darkhorse,

yes they have started doing this for all Maxu receivers now. I shall just have to get the spondoolies together now ;)