Advice before purchase

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Pstores, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Pstores

Pstores Copper BB

I am looking at a NIB Maxus manufactured in 2010. Can get a deal on it. Just wondering if I should buy a more current one? Has Browning made any changes to it since that would warrent buying the new current model year?
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey pstores, welcome to the browning owners community. I am not aware of any major changes to the Maxus from 2010 till now. I have a 2011 Maxus and don't have any problems with it. What model is the 2010 in? If it's a decent deal compared to buying one new and it's the style/ model Maxus your looking for I would say go for.
  3. Pstores

Pstores Copper BB

It is a decent deal.... And yes it is what I am looking for. I knew that was the second year out. So was just if their where any changes as the progressed in model year I may opt to spend more money on a more current one. Thanks for the reply and most likely I get that one.
  4. Temp430

Temp430 Copper BB

I'm considering the 3.5" Maxus and Super Vinci for a new turkey gun. I was leaning towards buying a Maxus until I read the Maxus troubleshooting thread and other threads on this board. Now I'm not so sure. The Super Vinci recoils a little more but is totally dependable and will not need a trigger job whereas the Maxus may.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum gentlemen !!
  6. Temp430

Temp430 Copper BB

Well I purchased a Maxus in Realtree Max-4 and a 26" barrel for turkey hunting. I had to buy online sight unseen since could not find the shotgun anywhere in the state I live in and an adjoining state. A lot of the Browning dealers I spoke to had choice words for Browning related to delivery times approaching a year. I guess there is much more demand than supply and the mother ship has to ration out the goods. Decided on the Maxus over the Super Vinci or SBE II due to the difference in price and the Maxus being softer shooting. I have a lot of trust built up with Browning over the years. This will be my fifth Browning and all the others have been superb.

I'll outfit my Maxus turkey killer with adjustable Truglo Gobble Dot Pro sights, a Trulock choke tube made specifically for Federal's #7 Heavyweight shells, and an SSX choke for #6 Hevi-13 shells. Those two combinations have delivered amazing 40 yard patterns with other shotguns so it seems like a good starting point to prepare for Spring turkey season.