1967 Bar

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Caper1, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Caper1

Caper1 Copper BB

Hi guy's, I'm a newbie and was hoping someone could give me an answer about my rifle. I've been searching the last few days but can't find anything that would point me towards this rifle. Here's my story. I lost my cherry last Saturday and finally bought a Browning. I went to a gun show and picked up a Browning BAR in .308. I paid $650 Canadian. When I got it home, I tried to find the year of manufacture by running the serial number on the Browning website but the number didn't fall into any of the categories. The following day I called the head office of Browning down in the states. They couldn't find anything in their U.S. or Canadian data bank but what she said was it looked like it was a very early model made for the European market. The following day I took it to my gun dealer that has a friend that collects guns. It took him all of fifteen minutes to tell me my rifle is a grade 11 1967 pre-production model, but he never told me how he got to that conclusion. The markings and scroll work on the receiver are of a gazelle, not the later pronghorn. There's scroll work on the magazine floor plate and trigger guard. There's also "Patent pending" on the barrel as well as "Made in Belgium. The serial number i xxx1M750. Here's a picture of it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Caper1 !!

I'll let the experts here answer your question(s)...