1930 Straight Stock 16

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Hey, it was Skeet Night tonight. If you want my attention on a Wednesday you’re going to have to wait!

It looks to have .1mm of constriction. So if that’s not Cylinder it’s got to be Skeet. Was Skeet invented by 1930? Anyway, I think .1mm = .004”.

Also, when they weighed the barrel, evidently they did it before the extension was attached.
    win7stw likes this.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I couldn’t wait. I was like a kid on Christmas morning.

Well how did you shoot tonight
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

From what he told me the info that far back is hit and miss but they did have on the 1929. If they have info they charge. If not then he said he wouldn’t but is suppose to. He actually sent me a photo and didn’t charge. It was like 40
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  4. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

National skeet association formed in 1928. Skeet was invented years before.
    win7stw and Rudolph31 like this.
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Since we don’t know exactly what it will do on paper, I suggest you send it to me so I can pattern it for you. I know you hate to pattern, I would hate to see you go thru all that for some holes in paper.
    KyBoB likes this.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

A 22 at Skeet and things went downhill from there. I hate shotguns.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

I am not a 16g person at all but converse with metric. . 10 mm be skeet
    win7stw likes this.
  8. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

By way nice piece and pics. Wouldn’t be the same without a yellow screw driver handle in the mix.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I don't like that idea at all
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks, I should really get something nicer to use to prop them up other than a Klein screwdriver.
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well since you don't care much for shotguns let me do you a favor and I will take possession of yours.
    KyBoB likes this.
  12. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Too late. They’re all in the dumpster.
    KyBoB and win7stw like this.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Just called Browning to get some letters. They don't let you talk to the historian right away. They take your information and the serial numbers and pass it along to the very busy historian.