‘87 Citori chokes?

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by BrowningAndy, Jul 9, 2023.

1. BrowningAndy

BrowningAndy Copper BB

Can you use an extended choke or does it have to be a flush choke? I have ordered Carlson chokes but want to make sure I can use them. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, either one as long as the threads are correct. I like extended chokes because it gives a little extra protection to the end of the barrel, and most are marked so you can identify easier.
  3. BrowningAndy

BrowningAndy Copper BB

Thanks Ranger. I thought so but when looking at some of the chokes on the newer ones it said flush and this is my first hinge and just wanted to make sure.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Most new guns are going to come with flush chokes. It's all about the money. It is cheaper for the manufacture to put flush mount vs extended. Extended chokes add around 200 bucks to a set of 5 chokes from Briley.
  5. Ranger6

The other benefit with extended is if you normally use say 28" barrels and you have one with 26 " barrels that you want to use. That little bit of length can be made up. It makes the difference to some people in their head, not sure it makes a difference in the real world, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.