Aftermarket Trigger for A-Bolt II Hunter

Discussion in 'Browning A-Bolt Rifle' started by MOA, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MOA

MOA Copper BB

I have an A-Bolt II Hunter BOSS in .223 and love it. I shoot it just about every time I head to the range. It's 20yrs old and I really like almost everything about this rifle except the trigger. I don't like the width and shape of the trigger, and the pull is set to it's minimum setting but is still not quite light (or crisp) enough for my liking. I know there are spring kits available to replace the factory springs, but I am hoping to replace the trigger assembly with something that has a little more finesse... So, is there an aftermarket trigger that can essentially replace the whole trigger on this rifle?
    Cheers.
  2. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

I've looked in the past, and have a shooting partner who has looked again recently, but am aware of no aftermarket options for the whole mechanism. I have limited experience with a factory A-bolt II trigger with the Ernie the Gunsmith replacement spring. If lighter pull is what you want, give it a try. It's super inexpensive and works as advertised.

The wider shoe on Brownings help trigger pull feel lighter, FWIW.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

4. MOA

MOA Copper BB

Yeah Righto. I think it would be real nice to fit a trigger that is much slimmer than the factory assembly. I guess I'll pick up a spring kit to see if that helps... But I'll still be looking for some alternative to replace it.
    Thanks for the replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk