BSS splinter forend

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by DanBurr, Oct 11, 2012.

1. DanBurr

DanBurr Copper BB

I'm new to this forum, looking forward to your expertise. I own a 20g a BSS sporter, it has a semi beavertail (standard) forend, I am looking for a splinter forend to replace it with, Western Gun Parts posted that the guns sent to Europe were sent with a splinter forend, by the way WGP has a splinter for a 12 ga. Does anyone have any information that might help me find this part.
    Thanks
    Dan
  2. raamw

raamw .22LR

3. DanBurr

DanBurr Copper BB

I'm still looking for this splinter part or has anyone here had the original forend taken down to a splinter?
  4. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

A good gunsmith or shop familiar with guns and fitting stocks should be able to pare down your beavertail to a true splinter. On some BSS' I have seen beavertails as bulbous, others were listed as "semi-beavertail" and not as pronounced. The BSS Sporter had a slim beavertail. The higher grade sidelock BSS had a true splinter forend. You can always take away wood when you have extra. Putting it back on is not always the case. When people try that, things get ugly!
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Dan !!
  6. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to the Browning Owners community Dan!! Never personally had a forend taken down but i know local shooters that have had it done before, like Setters said i believe any good gunsmith can do the job. not sure on the cost though...