New to Browning

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by DaveReynolds, Dec 30, 2023.

1. DaveReynolds

DaveReynolds Copper BB

Hey all. I'm a first responder, 2a advocate and firearms enthusiast from Florida. Was given a sweet 16 by a friend that is in desperate need of some care. Joining to gain some knowledge , find resources and figure out whether I should make it look new again or keep it a shooter.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, you will fit right in with that auto 5 and especially being a 16.
    DaveReynolds likes this.
  3. DaveReynolds

DaveReynolds Copper BB

Thanks Ranger. Google searching the serial number brought me here. Been through a few of your responses. Who is Art and does he still work on guns?
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
    DaveReynolds likes this.
  5. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho (formerly from the south side of Chicago, and retired LE deputy) says Hi and Welcome! Great people here, a tin of information, and best yet----zero drama. I dabble in Auto5s as well.
    DaveReynolds likes this.
  6. MS9x56

MS9x56 .22LR

My brother in law sent Art his father’s sweet sixteen to remove some dents and scratches. He got it back looking like it just came out of the factory. He was so impressed he bought a 3” 20 gauge auto 5 from Art it too looks brand new. The man does great work.
    KyBoB, DaveReynolds and Rudolph31 like this.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Giday from 10 000 miles south. Florida eh ! Normally my observations the Lone Star state TX has the membership market here cornered .
    You will fit right in and be popular amongst the ranks owning a 16 ga A5. There is quite a following here.
    It’s a great resource site visited by some very smart and knowledgeable members.
    DaveReynolds likes this.