Another new old guy

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by MS9x56, Dec 26, 2023.

1. MS9x56

MS9x56 .22LR

I currently own a BPS 12 gauge bought in 1981, aB2000 12 gauge bought in 1978, and aBLR in 358 winchester in 2013. My Dad was a big browning fan owning several A5’s and a lever action 22. I am also what is commonly called a fudd in that I can’t stand black plastic guns of any stripe. I hope that won’t be a problem here?
    KyBoB likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir. Glad to have you. While some may have plastic stocks and forearms I can promise it’s not the only one they have and that black plastic is pretty hard to damage, so makes a good brush gun.
  3. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho (and formerly from the south side of Chicago) says Hi and Welcome! A bunch of great people here, a ton of information about Brownings, and zero drama. Buy yourself another safe now.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Hi from 10000 miles South. A 78 model B2000. Now that’s somebody that recognises a good quality firearm that was way ahead of its time. Enjoy the site.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Sounds like you’re more of a traditionalist than a Fudd. Those guys aren’t content not owning a gun they don’t like — they don’t want anyone else to own one either!
  6. MS9x56

MS9x56 .22LR

I am a live and let live kind of guy. Had a couple of bad experiences in the army with those Mattel guns but don’t begrudge anyone who enjoys the AR platform. Just not my cup of tea.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your service!