Looking for advice on a 30-32" barrel 12 ga. 3" Mag.

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Dobe, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Dobe

Dobe Copper BB

I received a call from a good friend with a new neighbor, who is looking for a barrel for his A-5. His A-5 is a Japanese made A-5, and he thinks it was made in the mid to late 90s. He is hoping to obtain a 32" with a full choke tube. He said that he would settle for a 30".

I have no idea where to start, and always assume that the real experts tend to gather on specific forums. So, here I am.

All help is appreciated.

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” China Fences In Its Nomads, and an Ancient Life Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times; July 12, 2015.
  2. Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson Copper BB

Try Corson barrels. They buy and sell browning and Remington barrels great people! They are in ARizona. Originally he was a gunsmith in Louisiana. Also look at Arts Gun shop on guns international he is probably the best browning shop around especially A 5
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Dobe

Dobe Copper BB

Thanks, I'll start here.

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” China Fences In Its Nomads, and an Ancient Life Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times; July 12, 2015.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  5. unknwn

unknwn Copper BB

I bought a new 3" magnum A5 Japanese(Miruko) full choke 32" barrel on eBay last year for just under $200 .
    They are out there, you just need to follow the listings and pounce when the getting is good.
    Folks might be shying away from them because the fixed full choke and steel shot is suspected of being problematic.
    Finding a factory barrel with threaded chokes for less than $600 can be a challenge though.
  6. Dobe

Dobe Copper BB

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. unknwn

unknwn Copper BB

A barrel just like I mentioned in my earlier post closes in a little less than an hour.
    I don't know that my link will be published on open forum,but I will try in a follow up post.
    Dobe and SHOOTER13 like this.
  8. Dobe

Dobe Copper BB

Thank you so much, and for the latitude just given and received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK...No problem...good luck !!
    Dobe likes this.
  10. unknwn

unknwn Copper BB

I started out by sending the link through the "start a conversation" aspect of the forum, but having never used it, and unable to find a link to PM, I bent the rule I guess.
    Please accept the apology, the time consequence left me feeling a bit rushed.
    Won't happen again.