Questions before becoming potential owner

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by C. Kelley, Sep 16, 2016.

1. C. Kelley

C. Kelley Copper BB

Hello,

I am looking at my first skeet gun and new to O/U.

I am looking at a used Citori 20ga with SN ending in PZ163 with fixed chokes and 95%ish. They're asking for $900 for it and I am trying to work the down to $800. Good deal?

Also, I am trying to get more information on the gun. They told me it was a skeet choke on the bottom and I/C on the top. I attached a photo of the barrel markings. Is that what I am getting?

Finally, when I was function testing I pulled the trigger to dry fire the first barrel. After that I had to recycle the safety to have the firing pin drop again (I am assuming for the upper barrel). Is this normal? If I was to fire a load from the lower barrel would I be able to fire the upper barrel right away (without having to cycle the safety)?

Thank you! img_6766--1-.jpg
  2. C. Kelley

C. Kelley Copper BB

OK. Did some research on the markings and it appears these are skeet & IC. Also, I found where some of the other Browning models use the recoil to reset the trigger. Does this apply to this gun as well?

I think if I can become comfortable with the price this deal may happen. I hope someone on the boards can comment on the price.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum C.Kelly !!

That is a fine looking specimen...
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2016
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

You are correct, the gun is protected from doubling by using the recoil of the first barrel to reset the trigger. And as you have found, you can defeat this by cycling the safety -- useful information if your first shot misfires.

If the gun is in good condition it will be excellent for Skeet, but as a fixed choke gun I believe it is worth a couple hundred less than one with tubes.

Good luck.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. C. Kelley

C. Kelley Copper BB

Thank you! I am hoping the seller comes down on the price so I can make this deal happen. Otherwise, I am going to be torn between a Beretta A300 or Franchi Affinity. I would much rather want this Citori to work out!
    SHOOTER13 and Rudolph31 like this.