Grand Prix Sporter ejector issues

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by sledman2, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sledman2

sledman2 Copper BB

I seem to be having an issue with the ejector / extractor on my Grand Prix Sporter. I set them both for manual extraction, but the lower barrel seems to bump itself into ejector mode "at will" after firing and requires resetting the mechanism. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be aggravating. Seems more prevalent when using lighter target loads, only happens on bottom barrel. Is there an adjustment I can make on the mechanism or something I can do without sending it back to Browning?
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have never personally owned or shot a browning with the selective ejection system but i hear they can be finicky. A trick that i have seen people do is swap out the return spring with a 1911 firing pin spring. I am sure you can also find a spring at home depot that will give you more tension and work as well. How many rounds have you shot the the gun?
  3. sledman2

sledman2 Copper BB

Probably 1000 to 1200 rounds so far. Have read about the 1911 spring conversion, thinking about that. Also heard there were clearance issues with the stock that I need to check (recoil bumping the selector back because it doesn't go forward enough to lock in place).
    Thanks for the info!
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Let us know if the spring conversion does the trick or if you notice the stock causing an issue.