Browning Citori Shotgun Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Billythekid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Here is the place to talk about any and all Troubleshooting for your Browning Citori Shotgun.
  2. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

Hi to all.

I own a Browning Special sporter edition (Ultra sporter/ported version) for 10 years now.
    I have never patterned the gun before...since last week
    I noticed that the upper barrel was shooting high and left...on closer inspection the upper choke wasn't perfectly aligned with the barrel.
    This is definitely a problem from the factory... what can i do?
    I know that it's an old gun now but i just started shooting clays and this isn't the best thing to have.

Can i contact browning for this?
    The local dealer can't do anything for me.
  3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

I would say your best bet would be to contact Browning about this and see what they can do for you on this matter. Keep us updated on what they say and if not will see what other routes you can take to get your Browning back to working condition.
  4. Billythekid

Have you tried putting a different choke in it and then seeing how it shoots? I have seen people shooting there browning with a loose choke occasionally and overtime it warps the choke and becomes garbage. Do you have other chokes to test out?
  5. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

Hi.
    Thank you for the prompt reply.
    I have tried 3/4 which is tight enough to show me the real POI as well as 1/2, 1/4 and an aftermarket seminole spreader.
    In all 4 chokes i got around the same POI at 15 yards which is a close distance.
    At the 15 yard mark the center of the shot was around 10" off to the left-high corner...and by looking at the angle of the choke in the barrell it does aim high and left as the POI is. In greater distances i bet the difference will be much more than 10".

I tried contacting Browning but can't seem to be able to find their email address...if someone can point me to the right direction i would appreciate it.

Here is a picture i took...it doesn't show it very clearly but the difference is way more when looked at it in real.

[​IMG]
  6. DHonovich

Let me see what I can do as far as getting you a contact at Browning. Keep us updated if you find anything else out or happen to get through to Browning finally. We will help you get this all "straightened" out.
  7. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

Hi

I did manage to get an email from the dealer in US.
    I got an email of the marketing director in Belgium to whom i have already sent an email but got no response in 2 days.

i'll try to email him again and try to get through.
  8. DHonovich

Thanks for the update; hopefully they get back to you shortly.
  9. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

Too good to be true!!!
    The email i got is not functional.
    I contacted US dealer again for another email if possible.
  10. DHonovich

Any update on your Browning Citori yet?
  11. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

yes i finally got through and contacted Belgium. They forwarded my email to the aftersale department and i'm waiting for their response.
  12. Billythekid

If you actually get a valid response this time, would love it if you would share the email.
  13. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

Hello again,

After a long emailing and chatting i finally got a response.
    Anyone who wants the email of the customer service manager please PM me.

Browning rooted me to the local dealer which was an expected move...i got a lot of theories about the problem which none was correct.Like stock not fitting, eye dominance, ...when i did explain that i was actually aiming on the target and not mounting the gun like i do when going hunting.
    After not communicating with the dealer i contacted browning again and they covered up their dealer, told me i was out of warrant(expected) and that a small misalignment is always there and they can't judge by viewing a picture.
  14. Billythekid

Well good to hear that you finally got in touch with someone but unfortunately it was not the answer you were looking for...
  15. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

To tell you the truth i wasn't expecting much from this...just there confirmation of the problem and maybe a good discount to buy a new one as i begun clay shooting in a more serious way now...but they are not giving me any choices.
    I'm looking into Beretta for now.
  16. Billythekid

are you looking to stick with the over/under style? I just recently picked up the Browning Maxus sporting and the gun is awesome for skeet and trap. Now its not a Citori but its one of the best autoloaders out there.
  17. vti-chris

vti-chris Copper BB

We are not allowed to use auto here...only double barrel guns.
  18. Guntrainer

Guntrainer Copper BB

Briley can make offset chokes to put your POI where you want it.
  19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum vti-chris !!
  20. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Guntrainer !!