Rookie when it comes to choke tubes...

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by new_citori, Apr 15, 2013.

1. new_citori

new_citori Copper BB

Hello all,

I'm new to shotguns and shooting but I'd like to take up clay pigeon shooting as a hobby. I picked up a Citori Special Sporting Clays edition to get started. After getting it home and looking around it a bit, I noticed when I open the gun it said "Invector Plus" on the inside. I did a little more research and found out that this has to do with screw in chokes.

The gun didn't come with any choke tubes (any additional, I mean). But I'm assuming there must be a few default ones in the barrel already? When I look down the barrel I don't see any threading or anything that would indicate something could be screwed in. However, it does appear that maybe the gun just has default chokes in it that I could potentially screw out and replace?

Any insight on this would be appreciated. I don't want to take a wrench to the gun trying to unscrew something that doesn't come out, and I don't want to fire it if I'm missing an attachment that needs to be there.

Sorry for the rookie question, I'm completely new to this.

Thanks!

FYI here's a picture I found online that looks exactly like the gun:
    [​IMG]
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey welcome to the browning owners community!!! congrats on the new citori. Do you know what exact model you bought? is it the 725 citori Sporting? the Citori should come with 3-5 screw in chokes depending on the model and yes there should be default chokes in the barrel already. They should have provided you a choke key (looks like a T) and you put it in the end of the barrel to unscrew the chokes or screw in a choke. hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesn't.

BTK
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!