BROWNING 1886 Forest Service Commemorative

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by marlincowboy, Mar 19, 2012.

1. marlincowboy

marlincowboy Copper BB

I recently acquired a beautiful 1886 Browning rifle in 45/70 commemorating the National Forests Centennial, 1891-1991. I called Browning to get an Owners Manual and information on the gun. They did not have a manual but did give me the manufactured date of 1995.

Would any readers have a 1886 manual or even a copy of it as well as any info on the commemorative?

Thanks,
    Marlincowboy
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sorry, I have no manual to offer, but could we see a picture of this 1886 centennial model ?!

In my reference book...Gun Digest Guns & Prices 2011 ( 6th edition ) the only Model 1886 commemorative listed was the Montana Centennial...which contained the caveat: "As with all commemoratives, it must be NIB with all supplied materials to command collector interest."

NIB-1300 EXC-950 VG-750...
  3. marlincowboy

marlincowboy Copper BB

Can you help me to learn how to put pictures on the site?
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

5. Billythekid

6. marlincowboy

marlincowboy Copper BB

7. marlincowboy

marlincowboy Copper BB

8. marlincowboy

marlincowboy Copper BB

9. marlincowboy

marlincowboy Copper BB

10. Billythekid

That is definitaly the nicest Browning Model 1886 i have seen. gets two thumbs up from me!!!
  11. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Stunning! I want one for my collection. Thanks for sharing.
  12. ddennie

ddennie .22LR

Nice! I gotta have one! Ill be keeping my eyes open for sure.
    Thanx for sharing it,,,
  13. Norman Heersink

Norman Heersink Copper BB

I have one of these USFS SRC's. Found it in Montana in 2015. NIB with Manual and all original packing. It is a super nice Piece. So now I have 4 Browning levers. 1886 USFS SRC, 1886 SRC Grade 1, B-92 in 44 Rem Mag., and 1895 Grade 1 in 30-06. I also have a Winchester 1886 Extra Lite.
    I love these levers.
  14. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Very nice, indeed!