B80 Part Needed - Australia

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by Peter, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Peter

Peter Copper BB

Those of you who follow firearms politics will know that the majority of semi-auto shotguns here were confiscated and destroyed some years ago. Likewise, so was almost the entire stock of spare parts. I'm one of the minority granted a licence to retain one on the grounds that - as a farmer - I need one for pest control.

Unfortunately, my Browning B80 has broken the bifurcated link between the mainspring and the action block. I cant source one in the country, the only company advertising them in the US - Mid West Gun Works - refuses to accept orders from overseas and lists the particular part as "out of stock" anyway.

This is the beastie... the 12G version, unlessd the 20G is identical.
    [​IMG]

Can anyone on the forum suggest another source? Or might have one in their spare parts bin? I can obtain the necessary Customs documents for legal import.

I'm rather loath to junk the old gun simply for lack of a minor part. She and I have some history together, and she shoots well for me. That, and I managed to keep her through the Great Gun Theft of 1997.

Thankyou in advance...... Peter
  2. losrobles

losrobles Copper BB

If I'm not too far mistaken, the B80 was a Browning imported Beretta somewhere in the 300 series. Schematics of the parts on each look almost identical. You may have luck expanding your search universe. I've been trying to pry my brother's B80 out of his hands for years.
    Does your connecting rod look like the one in this Beretta Spare Parts Kit?
    [​IMG]
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Peter !!