value of 1909 FN A 5 16 gauge

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by i8thedoh, Jun 19, 2013.

1. i8thedoh

i8thedoh Copper BB

I inherited an old Belgium FN Browning shotgun from my family. My Grandfather (born 1888 Ghent, Belgium) brought it with him in 1922. I have done my research and concluded it is a 1909 16 gauge A 5. All serial numbers match and it has been in a closet almost since he came here. Details are:

Serial number 1176
    Humpback?
    Never altered
    Type 3 safety
    The wood is immaculate. Butt plate? FN on stock end has some damage on edge.

Included image of long wood stick that has always been in barrel.

Can someone help me with:

-Value/rarity
    -Where or how to sell it

Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I hope you are still here... If this was posted on the Auto-5 topic you would probably have received a slew of replies...

That is a FIRST YEAR 16 gauge and as such there are collectors dying to get their hands on it. Price is dependent on condition and to be a really high dollar gun it would need to be in 95% or better. I can't tell from the pictures what shape your gun is in, but I would guess its value between $700 to $2000. Better pictures would narrow that considerably!
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Beautiful piece of history...enjoy it !
  4. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

Do take care of that thing! I won't insult you with an offer, I really have to watch my spending right now anyway.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Old post...and only one for this member.
  6. In The Ten Ring

In The Ten Ring .270 WIN

The one post guys always make me wonder.....

I saw a beautiful Auto 5 in a gun store last week but I have to watch my spending...... :mad: