1986 Buckmark .22LR Magazine issue

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by pws63, Jun 2, 2013.

1. pws63

pws63 Copper BB

I recently purchased a Buckmark with a serial number of 655PT11xxx, indicating a build date of 1986. The magazine that came with the pistol does not seem to fit well. I tried to use it today and I had repeated feeding issues. I have attached two photos of the magazine. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct magazine for this model pistol? I did a little searching on Gunbroker for a Buckmark magazine, and the ones for sale there do not look like this one. Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

The magazine looks correct...
  3. pws63

pws63 Copper BB

The ones listed on Gunbroker seem to have a cylindrical spring down the side of the magazine. This one is flat, and down the center! Every 2nd or 3rd shot it comes loose, fails to feed, and I have to reseat the magazine. Thanks for the response.
  4. Cedarhill

Cedarhill .22LR

That magazine seems to be for the Browning Challenger model which is an earlier one. Look on Ebay for maybe the Challenger II or III and their mags
    may fit better. If it is the Challenger mag I would be interested in purchasing it from you.
    Joe
  5. pws63

pws63 Copper BB

It was for the earlier Challenger model. I sold it a few years ago! Bought the later issue magazine, and have had no problems since.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good to know...thanks for sharing.